Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Lucky One

Wow, how has it been 3 weeks since I last posted?  Margot is the great big stealer of time for us! 

I've been wanting to post these videos from our last few days in China.  Margot has taken quite a while to decide that she is okay with bath time, so we weren't sure how she would feel about pool time.  Apparently, she likes it!  It helped that a lot of other children were playing around her, she loves seeing other kids!









I've been going back and forth on whether or not I wanted to talk about the whole "lucky baby" thing with adoption.  A lot of people in the community get very upset when their children are told they are "lucky" and I can certainly see why.  Yes, I think they are fortunate that they are no longer living in an orphanage but it's hard for me to call someone who has lost their birth family, country and culture, "lucky".  I usually tell people when offered this comment that "no, we are the lucky ones" and I truly believe it.  We spent a great deal of time and effort in preparing and making this adoption happen and we are so lucky to have been matched with a child that we feel is such a perfect fit for our family.  As for Margot, I hope someday when she understands her situation she feels lucky to have been matched with us, but for now we are the lucky ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment