Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I know, I know...

You've all been waiting for a new post...  Margot is doing so well, but has also been grieving so hard.
We went into this knowing that it could be a difficult adjustment period for her, but it's still hard to see it happen.  We got to the Civil Affairs Office before any of the other 7 or so families that were getting their children yesterday.  There is a room off to the side where all of the children wait with their nannies and I saw a girl in there but it was too far away to tell if it was SongMei.  Our guide Wenxi told us that our girl was still on her way, so we went and sat down, but I could still hear the girl in the other room cry every so often.  We found out a couple of minutes later that our girl was indeed already there and they brought her out shortly after that.  She pretty much cried (and screamed) the first 10-15 minutes I held her and I knew that all of the other families were thinking "thank god, that's not our kid!"  Chris and the nannies had to go into the other room to attend to the business side of things and I got to find out right away what sort of self soothing behaviors our kid favors.  I held her on my lap and rocked along with her and watched her stare at her fingers as she likes to cross them over each other.  We really didn't get a chance to talk to the nannies much, but are planning on visiting the orphanage on Friday.

Here's another sleepy photo, will post more asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment