Monday, September 26, 2011

The Road to Yangjiang

Sorry for the delay!  We made it home safely last Wednesday, but boy was that a painful trip.  Margot is really fighting the time change and making it difficult for either of us to get any sleep.  Chris went back to work this week, so I am on nighttime baby duty.  She was sleeping like a champ in China, so I hope we can get back to that soon!

In the meantime, here is a peek at the start of our journey to Margot's orphanage.  We went on Friday and it was a 6 hour round trip car ride.  Our guide went with us and we had to pay Mr. Li our driver $2000 Yuan to take us (a little more than $300).  The traffic in China is crazy - well let me rephrase that - the drivers are crazy in China.  It's not that they drive that fast, it's that they are constantly jockeying for the best lane to be in and will cut back and forth without even looking.  I don't know how there aren't more accidents, but we really only saw a few fender benders.  It drove Chris crazy, but reminded me of NYC taxi drivers and I kind of enjoyed it.  I thought for sure we were gonna hit a few cars though!


Someone's tired!



Saw a lot of these flowering plants on the side of the road.  Very tropical in this part of the country and even hotter than Guangzhou!


Entering Yangjiang.  It's considered a small city of only 3 million!




No comments:

Post a Comment